Hi guysssss!! Omg it has been a while for sure! I have been super busy with exams and finally they had finished on Tuesday *crazily dances* - I still don't feel relaxed until I don't get my results...pray 4 me guys, pls.
Okay...so I thought I had done an April Favourites but it turns out I didn't...*walking emoji*. So again, I've had to put both months in but literally for both months, I've been using some of these products anyway for the past two months and been lovinggg them. I'll give a swatch of some of the products too, on some I'm gonna do a review on them (Stila One Step Correct Primer, GlamGlow Mud Mask, etc) so I won't include swatches for them as I'll include them in the reviews :D
1. Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner - For the past month or so, my face has become slightly oily which has been bugging me sooooo much. And with my cleansing routine, I'm very consistent with it but I always forget toner...either because I'm lazy or I feel like it doesn't make that much of a difference. But now since I've been using this, I've realised that toner is soooo important for your skin. This toner is perfect, it doesn't irritate my skin, it smooths it out and moisturises it as well. I put it on with a cotton pad straight after I've cleansed my face. I let it dry and then apply my serum/moisturiser. I also use this to remove excess turmeric off my face when I do a turmeric face mask, it just removes the yellow stain that gets left behind.
2. Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten - When I went to get my makeover done from Stila in Manchester (picture on my Instagram) by Danielle (who is amazing!), she used this all over my face for that subtle glow and I can't express how much I fell in love with it. It's not chalky/too heavy on the face, it's so subtle and leaves you with that "glow within" look. I either use this on the highest points of my face with a big fluffy brush to give a glow on my face or if I just want to be glowy in specific areas, I just put it on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and tip of my nose with my fan brush, such a beautiful product. Also works great for the inner corners of the eyes for that inner corner highlight!
3. Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52 - This product gets raved about a lot, I see a lot of people loving this. I decided to give it a try and OMG, I LOVE THIS. Firstly, it's not a matte bronzer, it has the tiniest hint of shimmer in it so I wouldn't recommend it as a contour product on it's own, I mean...the shimmer isn't crazily noticeable so you could probably get away with it. It smells amazing, it has perfume-y smell and the texture is soooo soft but it isn't heavily pigmented which I like as you can control how much product you pick up and apply. I use this with my fluffy brush in the areas I would usually tan and it gives me that beautiful sun-kissed glow. It's warm-toned as well which is why it's perfect for a bronzer and not so much for contouring.
4. EX1 Foundation Invisiwear Liquid Foundation in F300 - I was on the hunt for a foundation I could wear for everyday and I did a lot on research on this one in particular and the reviews I had read were pretty positive. I was soooo confused on the shade I should get as there is only 5 shades and to make it easier for people to buy it, they give the MAC foundation equivalent. I'm a NC40/NC42 so I went for F300 which is perfect for me (thank god) as with only 5 shades, there could be the problem of it being too light/too dark. This foundation is meant to be great for olive skintones! It's soooo lightweight but it has great coverage. I wear about two thin layers and anything else that needs covering, I just use concealer on top. If I wanna go for a slightly more fuller-coverage look, I mix this with a tiny bit of my Stila Stay All Day foundation and it looks amazing! The finish of this foundation isn't complete matte, but it isn't too dewy either, I feel like it's a really nice finish. I powder on top anyway as I get slightly oily in my t-zone...you can never run away from an oily t-zone. But I'm going to do an in-depth review on this foundation soon!
5. Stila One-Step Correct Primer - This primer was also used on me when Danielle was doing my make-up at Stila and it is one of the best primers I've used! It has 3 different coloured serums which basically prime your face but correct any discolouration on the face. It gives a beautiful canvas to work on and I don't find it drying either as some primers can sometimes dry out the face. Again, in-depth tutorial on this coming soon!
6. City Color Timeless Beauty: Highlight and Bronzer Quad - I have been LOVING City Color products so much ever since I've been watching Desi Perkin's tutorials! I came across this on Amazon and as we're in the season of summer...well some can say...it's all about the bronzed, sun-kissed glow. These are perfect! They're so pigmented, not chalky at all and true to their colour. There's one highlight shade and three bronzing shades. And it's perfect to take when you're travelling!
7. GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment - I got the sample kit for the GlamGlow masks and I must say, I did love them. This is an amazing mask, I use (well try to use, I get lazy...don't judge me, I'm only human) this about twice a week. It's great for many reasons such as problematic skin, correcting imperfections, reducing spots, minimising pores, etc. I love it, I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and my face goes unbelievably soft after I use this. I will definitely be doing a review on this in a couple of weeks, I'm trying to be consistent with it to see results, if it's still effective, etc. I do think it's a bit too pricey though...
8. H&M Eyebrow Fix - Now I've been debating whether or not to get the Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Gel to keep my brows in place but then I moved away from that idea and just continued with this one. It's actually good, it does the job, you just brush it over your brows and it keeps them in place! And...it's cheaper, hellaaaaaaa' cheaper!
9. City Color Bronzer in Mojave Desert - Can you tell I went bronzer crazy? I just love bronzers, you can just get that beautiful glow without damaging your beautiful face. The power of makeup, huh? Anyway, this was too beautiful to use. It's a warm-toned bronzer but the palm tree is a champagne-y coloured highlight so when you dip your big fluffy inside, both products get mixed which give you a stunning, sun-kissed glow. I've even tried the "highlight" colour on it's own as a cheekbone highlight and it's fab! Basically the highlight colour kind of disappears as soon as you swipe it so it's basically just a warm-toned bronzer (if you can see in the picture). I think they should have kept that as a highlight shade but hey-ho, still a great product! Btw - City Color are an affordable brand so if you want to try some great products like this, check them out! (No I'm not sponsored...*walking emoji*)
10. Primark Stippling Brush - I first saw Onika Beauty (check her out on Instagram) and she loved them and people I know were also buying these. I'm not a huge fan of stippling brushes, I wasn't even a fan of the Real Techniques Stippling Brush as opposed to their other brushes but the Primark ones are hella good! And for £1...YES £1!!! They're multi-purpose so they can be used for different things, I have two which I use for concealer and liquid contouring. Super soft, not rough on the skin and blends out the product easily.
11. GOSH Lipliner in Antique Rose - This is one of my favourite mauve coloured lip liners. It's always out of stock so when Superdrugs had the 3 for 2 offer on, I got another one as backup LOL. That's how I roll. It's super creamy and glides onto the lips like a dream, it can be worn on its own or with a lipstick/lipgloss. It is slightly drying as it is a lipliner so I would suggest moisturising the lips well and then applying this. It compliments sooo many skintones, deffo' one of my favourites and will be trying out more colours!
Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52
City Color Bronzer in Mojave Desert
City Color Timeless Beauty: Highlight and Bronzer Quad
GOSH Lipliner in Antique Rose
Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten
Hope you enjoyed the read guys, now that I have more time than before, I will be posting reviews on some products I have lined up...if you would like to see anything, let me know! You can message me on any social media I have linked on here :) Love ya! x