Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Big Lips Please?


Thankfully, I've been blessed with plumped lips, I mean they're not huge but they're not small either, they're pouty-ish I'd say. For that reason, I don't need to overline my lips to fake 'big lips' but I thought I'd give it a try just for fun :) And I actually really like the way I did them! They're not overly drawn and massive, I just overlined them slightly. I think for me, I wouldn't do this everyday because I don't need to, if I ever wanted to do it, I'd only do it for pictures or going out but even then, I wouldn't do it all the time I went out. So I thought I'd do a blogpost on how I did this, I know it's not perfect, I was just practising it and was kinda chuffed at how it came out!


Firstly, I used the shades 'Fawn' and 'Java' from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit to contour/emphasise that deep part above your lip...I really don't know what that bit is called! But you know what I mean...above your cupid's bow! That's what we'll call it! So I contoured that slightly and I also contoured below my bottom lip. I did that with the same shades but I did this very lightly as I didn't want it to be too harsh. When you're contouring under the bottom lip, you want to contour where the shadow usually is, that way it creates the effect of fuller lips. I used the Real Techniques Pixel Point Eyeliner brush from the Starter Kit and this was good because it was quite small and quite thin so it was easy contouring the smaller areas around the lips. 


When I was contouring those areas, if I felt like it was too harsh or there was too much product, I just blended it slightly with my pinky finger and that way it looked much more natural and less harsh. After contouring, I used the shade 'Sand' to highlight my cupid's bow and I absolutely love this shade for highlighting at the moment, especially on your cheekbones - so divine! I used MAC's lipliner in 'Spice' to outline my lips. I lightly went outside my normal lipline to get the 'slightly overdrawn-big lips' effect. 
Kinda got there. 
Anyway, after I outlined my lips to how I wanted them, I blended it out with my finger again just to soften the line. I used MAC's 'Faux' to fill in my lips which is one of my favourite nudes! And with the same Real Techniques brush that I used before I just blended the lip liner and the lipstick together so you can't see the outline that I drew. To emphasise the effect of fuller lips, I used Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipgloss in 'Sugared Honey' which gave it a more glossier and 3D look :)




No comments:

Post a Comment