Monday, 30 June 2014

The Glow Life

L-R: Kiko Eyeshadow in 208, Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze, Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polished

We all love a good glow. Whether it's a subtle glow or the 'shining like a disco ball' glow. I always love a glow on my cheekbones, it just completes the look! My favourites has to be these three; Kiko Eyeshadow in 208, Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze and Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polished. 



I mentioned this Kiko eyeshadow in my previous post where I mentioned the Kiko products I brought. So if anyone was wondering why I didn't swatch it, I've swatched it for this blog post haha! This eyeshadow as a highlighter is amazing, definitely one of my favourites! It's so subtle but noticeable. However, one downside of this is that it wears off quite quicker than the others so it's not really extremely long lasting. But the colour of this is absolutely gorgeous, definitely a dupe for MAC's Whisper of Guilt!



My new favourite. Before buying this, so many people were raving about the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks and I realllyyyyy wanted to buy one but I felt like it was just too expensive for...a shimmer brick. It was just ridiculously priced in my opinion. So I was in Boots, having a look around when I spotted this and with just one glance I just had to buy it. Literally, this is the best dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, they even have similar shades too. This shade is in Golden Bronze which I love, as I love a bronze glow! It's so easy to apply, either with your fingers or with a fan brush (which is what I use). You can either use just one colour or I think what 'normal' people do is just swipe into all of them haha! It's an AMAZING highlighter, and at £4.99 *applauds* you could use this as an overall glow or like me, I just use this on the highest points of my cheekbones and on my cupid's bow. But if you're going for that overall glow, then you can use this at the points where you'd usually tan for that gorgeous glow and also on the eyes if you're going for bronze-y eyes.



This was one of the first highlighters I purchased and this is the Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polished. This is very different to the other ones I've mentioned as it's more of a pinky, pearly highlight than a bronze, golden glow. It's also a creamy consistency which makes it easier to blend with your fingers! I love love love this highlighter, just by one light tap into the pot, you get so much product but it looks a-mazing when applied. The colour kind of reminds me of opal, because it's so pearly...if that even makes sense. I'm so tempted to try out more of Topshop make up products!


Without and with flash. 
L-R: Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polished, Kiko Eyeshadow in 208, Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Bricks in Golden Bronze

So there are my favourite highlighters so far, they are pretty damn good so I think these definitely deserve a try for those who haven't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment