Sunday, 28 December 2014
Helloooo pretty people!
This will probably be the last post I do this year. Sad I know. But don't worry, after my exams, I will deffo' post more 'coz I know I've been kinda invisible but that's due to my stressful exams which are stressing me out and just thinking about it is stressing me out even more and EURGH, just stress.
Okay, let's breathe.
I thought I'd end this year with my 2014 favourites. A girl on my Instagram suggested this idea like how YouTubers do montly favourites, why not do 2014 favourites?! I thought it was a pretty cool idea, It got me thinking that even though I don't have YouTube yet (I say yet because I plan to in the future as people keep telling me to make one and it's been something that I really want to do) I will start doing monthly favourites on here so you guys can see what I have been loving that month and it won't just be make-up related, it'll be anything and everything! :) Anyway, I've rambled on too much...as usual...onto my favourites now...
1. Ananstasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: I got this contour kit in September and I have been absolutely loving it. It is my favourite contour weapon. Like ever. And you can see I haven't hit pan on any of the shades yet 'coz I always use my products sparingly and I don't use it everyday if I'm not going for a contoured look. But the shades are perfect for my skin tone to contour with! I use 'Banana' pretty much every day under my eyes to highlight and set my powder with and also the highlighting powder 'Sand' which is stunning! Deffo will be using this next year, one of the best products of this year!
2. Revlon Color Stay Foundation: I was on the hunt for my holygrail foundation as I got a bit bored of the Maybelline Better Skin Foundation and I had read good reviews on this one. So I went and brought it and fell in love with it the next day I used it! The coverage is perfect, I'd say it's medium-full coverage depending on how much you use. I use literally one small blob and that does it for me as I don't like too many layers. It covers some of my imperfections and just makes your skin look flawless. I got the one for combination/oily skin as I am dry but get slightly oily in my t-zone. I need to touch up during the day but only on my t-zone. Still not found one foundation which keeps your skin matte all day. I will find you.
3. Rimmel GlamEyes Mascara: Okay I was totally stuck in choosing my favourite mascara. It was between Benefit's They're Real and Rimmel GlamEyes but I went for Rimmel because I've been using it for longer and it's just become my holygrail. I'm not into expensive mascaras (The benefit one is a sample size one) as I feel like I don't need them 'coz I've been blessed with long eyelashes so I just need a mascara that just doesn't make them look clumpy or spider-like. That ain't ma' thang. It's got a slim bristle kind of brush that individually separates the lashes too which I love!
4. Mac Pro Longwear Concealer: When I was on the hunt for my holygrail foundation, I was also on the hunt for my holygrail concealer. And I heard and read so so many good things about this concealer and before buying the full product, I got a sample from the Mac counter. This by far is the best concealer I have used. The coverage and consistency is perfect. The liquid consistency makes it easier for me to blend out with either my fingers, sponge or a brush. Somedays when I don't wanna wear a full face of make up, I just dab a small amount of this on my fingers and conceal any imperfections on my face and I am good to go. And even though I don't have any serious issues with my under eyes, this is perfect in brightening them! A small amount goes a long way for this concealer, just wish the pump was a little looser...it's too...stiff, and when I try to pump it slowly to take only a small amount out, it refuses to come out. So I have to pump it hard and then it just splodges out.
5. Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter (Bright Forecast): This is perfect for under the eyes or on the usual places of highligting (top of the cheekbones, chin, forehead and bridge of the nose) to highlight! It instantly brightens you up and the peachy tones help to cancel out any darkness. I didn't want to get Light Boost as I felt that was wayyyy too light for me and I'm not really into the stark white highlight.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette - I already did a full review on this a couple of posts before! But this has been my one true love in the fall and winter, the colours are simply stunning to create either simple and natural or elegant and glam looks. One of my faves.
7. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil and Sleek Brow Kit - I couldn't pick one out of these because I use both products for my brows! I used to just use the Sleek brow kit until I wanted to try a pencil and I found the Rimmel one. Both are my absolute favourites for my brows, I don't like spending too much money on brow products but these are perfect and drugstore too!
8. Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Create - I got this for my birthday this year and I have to say it is an absolutely stunning blush. The colour is perfect for fall and winter, it just gives you that perfect bronzed glow and instantly adds colour back into your skin! It definitely gives your a healthy look, I am in love!
9. MUA Blusher in Candyfloss - All the blushes that I had were slightly too pink so I went on a hunt for one that was a more dusty rose colour (if that even is a colour). I saw this MUA one and I loved the colour, it looked so pretty! And it was only £1! I use it for everyday looks and it just gives me the perfect amount of colour without my cheeks being too pink...if that makes sense. It's not shimmery which I'm not too keen on but because I use so little, you can hardly tell. Still searching for the perfect matte blush.
10. Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze - I also did a review on this a few posts back, it was in my favourite highlighters! I love love loveeee this! It's a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick and I literally use this every day! It gives me the most beautiful glow without any chunky pieces of glitter. I'd love to invest in the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick to compare with but for now, this is my all time favourite.
11. Mac Satin Lipstick in Faux - If you asked me last year what my favourite nude lipstick is, I would have told you I don't like nude, I don't wear nude and I just don't do nude. But this year, I picked up two nude shades from Mac. One was Cherish and one was Faux. Cherish is a more browny nude whereas Faux is a pinky nude. I decided that pinky nudes rule more. Faux has been my go-to lipstick since the day I brought it. The colour is just so perfect and perfect for my skin tone, I can't describe it. It's not matte, it's a satin finish which is fine for me because it makes your lips look slightly plumper. It goes with literally everything. If I'm stuck on what lip colour to go for, Faux always calls me and Faux wins the day.
12. Mac Lipliner in Spice - This lipliner paired with Faux is the most perfect, most beautiful combination ever. Both products are my favourite weapons for the perfect nude lip. Even wearing this on it's own looks so pretty. You can even just outline your lips with this and leave the rest of your lips bare and you're good to go. My favourite nude lipliner.
13. Mac Matte Lipstick in Heroine - Probably one of the most beautiful shades known to the make up world. Just the blue undertones to this purple lipstick and it's matte finish makes this the perfect purple lipstick ever. Well to me anyway. I haven't come across a shade like this. Paired with blue or black, this looks stunning! I've been looking for a blue-undertoned purple lipstick and I found this one and it became my life.
14. Collection Lip Definer in Damson - I was looking for lipliners for my best friend's birthday and I stumbled across this one 'coz she loves burgundy shades. I swatched this on the back of my hand and I fell in love. The pigmentation in this lipliner, bare in mind this is a drugstore product, is amazing. It glides on so easily and smoothly. You don't even have to go over with this liner a couple of times, I'd say once is enough, that's how pigmented it is. A must have for fall.
15. Max Factor Lipstick in Burnt Caramel - A review was also done on this in my nude lipsticks post! I picked this up when I was on the hunt for the perfect nude shade and this also fell in my good books. It's so creamy, glides on so smoothly and it looks perfect on my skin. It's a universal shade and I think it'd look great on all skin tones!
16. Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Fandango Purple - Another purple favourite of mine but this is more of a pinky-purple but is so gorgeous! It glides on as a liquid but dries matte and it stays put for most of the day! It is slightly drying during the day but not that intensely drying where it becomes irritable. Loveeee.
17. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Berry Much - This has been my go-to dark lip saviour during the fall and winter. These are soooo long-wearing, so smooth to apply and although they aren't completely matte, I feel like that's a good thing because some matte products can be quite drying on the lips but these aren't. I loveddd this shade, it is perfect for the fall! And totes' inexpensive too! WINNING.
18. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - I used to use white eyeliner until I discovered this and for 95% of this year's fall and winter, I've been using this. It just instantly makes you look more alive and awake and not to mention how beautifully it glides onto your water line without feeling harsh! Deffo my favourite eyeliner!
Feel like I've just written a book up there. But yeah, they're all my favourites of the year guys, hope you enjoyed the read!
Hope you all have an amazing New Year and I hope it brings you more love, happiness and success! ♥
Love you! x
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Dress: Primark. Leggings: Select. Watch: Michael Kors. Earrings: Primark. Boots: Location unknown but it's like similar to Varaani, sorry guys, my best friend brought me them for my birthday.
I thought my birthday outfit would be the best outfit to do right now seen as it's recent ^^ my birthday was last Sunday where I hit 20, no more teen years! Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
I didn't wanna do anything big for this birthday so me and my best friend just went to a buffet in Manchester called Peachy Keens and it was soooo nice! We both loved the food there, there were so many varieties! And then after, because she hadn't tried the waffles from the Christmas Markets, we got some waffles! And they're probably the best waffles we've had. But the weather. No the weather, it was just...horrendous. I had straightened my hair and put so much effort into my make up that it had to rain on my birthday. During the day, my hair was just going frizzy :( and it was making me so mad 'coz I wanted my pictures to come out nice! The first picture was took at the end of the day but before we went out in the crazy rain where we were basically being showered! And the one above was took before we went to eat but my hair has still lost it's straight-ness. Sad times.
The dress I wore is one of my favourite dresses. I love black dresses and I love the style of this one, it looks like a crop top and a leather skirt but it's in one! And plus, it was only...wait for it...£5!!! Yes! I know I couldn't believe it either! The one my best friend wore was also £7, so we both picked up bargains. WINNING.
Me and my best friend have this thing where we plan to go out and we wanna take pictures, we wear our flats but bring our heels with us hahahaha! So I took these beauties with me who were gifted to me by her for my birthday last year :) they are hella huge. But so beautiful. I love the edginess they gave my outfit with the spikes and studs.
And I went for the Kim K look this year, smokey eyes, nude lips and straight hair...well straight hair for 2 hours.
Enjoy the read guys, sorry for going all invisible, still on revision duty so bare with me! x
Friday, 31 October 2014
Hello my lovelies! So sorry for being MIA, I've been soooo busy with uni work, it's taking over my life *cries* I never have any proper time to do anything now due to the assignments and upcoming assignments. But whenever Halloween is due, I'm uber excited to do myself up all bloody and creepy so I managed to squeeze this look in :)
They should totally take me on as a zombie in The Walking Dead.
Basically my aim was to be a creepy zombie clown (hence the red nose and the triangle thing on my eye which 90% of clowns have). But that headband sorta' changed the whole look into this, creepy-pretty-zombie-clown-who-just-got-killed-before-I-could-even-finish-my-glam. Does that make sense? No it doesn't. I found it really cool though and I was really proud of it and plus I got such good feedback on it too! :D
The products I used weren't even expensive, most of them were from eBay...eBay is bae obviously.
I used my red, cream and black cream make up from eBay, green cream make up from ASDA, all Sleek eyeshadows for the eyes and contouring and also in the centre of my lips, liquid latex from eBay and not forgetting the queen item of Halloween; blood, beautiful blood which is also from eBay. And my top is from Select which I picked up just for this look so I can smear it with blood and make up and make it look super gross. My pretty little headband (which was my brother's idea to wear in the picture) is from eBay...as you can tell, I dig eBay.
As I have never worn fake contacts and I don't think I ever will, I edited them through the power of the internet, which actually made the look even more scary than it was. It brought out the zombie within I'd say.
You don't need expensive products to create looks like these, although you do need good quality products, like liquid latex, wax, etc but looks like this can even be created without that and just simple make up. It's all about creativity :)
Hope you guys have a super scary Halloween, I'll be back with some outfit posts, won't be gone for uber long now! :) x
Sunday, 19 October 2014
Tuesday, 7 October 2014
Hiiiii my lovelies! I figured the next post I would do would definitely be about the 'Tamanna Palette' by Anastasia Beverly Hills. Everyone has literally been raving about this palette and the other two palettes by ABH but I didn't get a chance to get hold of them. As soon as my loan came in, I jumped straight in for this baby! And I've got to say this has got to be one of my best purchases yet!
In the box you get obviously, the amazing palette and five 'Get the Look' cards which show five beautiful, different looks you can create using the palette. And these looks are all great for fall which was the purpose of this palette (as it states on the back of the packaging).
The packaging of the palette is stunning. It has a very middle Eastern/Indian vibe to the gold scroll design on the front which reflects Tamanna's ethnic backgrounds. When you open the palette, inside you have a mirror and a two sided brush which makes it a great 'on the go' palette!
Also, these colours are soft and warm toned which means they are perfecttt for fall. There are a range of matte and shimmery shades which means you have a set of transition colours such as 'Chocolate' and 'Bengal' and also shimmery shades such as 'China Rose' and 'Blush' which you can use on the lids or use as a highlight! Some colours are slightly lighter than others but you can layer these on to the desired intensity. And others such as 'China Rose' and 'Venezia' can be used wet for an even intense pigment and colour pay-off.
Without and with flash.
Top-Bottom: Noir, China Rose, Chocolate, Bengal, Sangria, Custom, Gilded, Venezia, Blush and Fresh.
Two looks I did using the 'Tamanna Palette'.
This palette is definitely worth the price it's for! Most people would class it as too expensive for an eyeshadow palette which I also understand, but the colours, packaging, pigmentation, texture, everything is worth it! I've come across some palettes which haven't done it for me but this one is one of my favourites. If you're looking for a fall-perfect palette, this is calling you.
Saturday, 27 September 2014
Hi guys! Everyday I want to do a new make up look so I can post it on here but I just never get a chance to! For agessss, I've been wanting to post this look on here too that I did for my best friend a while back and I've only just done it -.-
Fall means rocking the brown, maroon, cranberry, burgundy! All those dark-ish colours that bring life to your face! My best friend has a slightly lighter skin tone than me and she totally pulled these colours off!
It's been quite a while so I'll try my best to remember all the products that I used...(I apologise if I don't state the exact shade/number as it'll be because I just didn't remember, oops!)
Make-up Details - Face: Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast, L'Oréal True Match Foundation, Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Shade Banana and Fawn), Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Glow, Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze, MAC Translucent Powder. Eyes: Sleek Brow Kit in Dark, MUA Eyeshadow in 25, e.l.f Little Black Beauty Book in Warm Edition, MUA Undressed Palette (Shade 2 in inner corner), Sleek i-Divine Palette in Bad Girl, Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Pure White, Collection 2000 in Lasting Gel in Black, Eyeliner in Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mascara in Black, Lashes in...(I forgot) Lips: Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Smother.
Tuesday, 23 September 2014
You'll rarely see me in red lips.
I need more Nike trainers. They are the swaggiest things ever.
T Shirt: ASOS. Jeans: Select. Watch: Michael Kors. Necklace: Topshop. Ring: Primark. Trainers: Nike.
I have been bad for not posting. SINCERE APOLOGIES.
Thought I'd do an outfit post 'coz I haven't done one in a while. I saw someone wearing this t-shirt but in a light blue colour so I looked on ASOS and they didn't have my size *cries* but lucky me, they had it in white, although it was a small size and I was looking for a size bigger just for that oversized look. I only found the right size in the maternity section so yes guys, this is a maternity t-shirt. No, I am not pregnant ^.^ Paired with jeans, this was the best casual combo' evaaaa.
I've been having my hair in this style a lot recently. I was inspired by Desi Perkins and it is my faveee hairstyle ever. It keeps the hair out of my face and looks extremely pretty also :)
Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Thankfully, I've been blessed with plumped lips, I mean they're not huge but they're not small either, they're pouty-ish I'd say. For that reason, I don't need to overline my lips to fake 'big lips' but I thought I'd give it a try just for fun :) And I actually really like the way I did them! They're not overly drawn and massive, I just overlined them slightly. I think for me, I wouldn't do this everyday because I don't need to, if I ever wanted to do it, I'd only do it for pictures or going out but even then, I wouldn't do it all the time I went out. So I thought I'd do a blogpost on how I did this, I know it's not perfect, I was just practising it and was kinda chuffed at how it came out!
Firstly, I used the shades 'Fawn' and 'Java' from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit to contour/emphasise that deep part above your lip...I really don't know what that bit is called! But you know what I mean...above your cupid's bow! That's what we'll call it! So I contoured that slightly and I also contoured below my bottom lip. I did that with the same shades but I did this very lightly as I didn't want it to be too harsh. When you're contouring under the bottom lip, you want to contour where the shadow usually is, that way it creates the effect of fuller lips. I used the Real Techniques Pixel Point Eyeliner brush from the Starter Kit and this was good because it was quite small and quite thin so it was easy contouring the smaller areas around the lips.
When I was contouring those areas, if I felt like it was too harsh or there was too much product, I just blended it slightly with my pinky finger and that way it looked much more natural and less harsh. After contouring, I used the shade 'Sand' to highlight my cupid's bow and I absolutely love this shade for highlighting at the moment, especially on your cheekbones - so divine! I used MAC's lipliner in 'Spice' to outline my lips. I lightly went outside my normal lipline to get the 'slightly overdrawn-big lips' effect.
Kinda got there.
Anyway, after I outlined my lips to how I wanted them, I blended it out with my finger again just to soften the line. I used MAC's 'Faux' to fill in my lips which is one of my favourite nudes! And with the same Real Techniques brush that I used before I just blended the lip liner and the lipstick together so you can't see the outline that I drew. To emphasise the effect of fuller lips, I used Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipgloss in 'Sugared Honey' which gave it a more glossier and 3D look :)
Friday, 15 August 2014
T:Shirt: Zara. Pants: Primark. Necklace: eBay. Watch: Michael Kors.
Make-up Details - Face: Bourjois Paris Happy Light Matte Serum Primer, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC42, MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast, Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation in Sun Beige, Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Shade Banana and Havana), Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Glow, Sleek blush in Sahara, Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze, MAC Translucent Powder. Eyes: Sleek Brow Kit in Dark, MUA Undressed Palette (Shade 2 in inner corner), Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mascara in Black. Lips: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford Street Fuschia, Maybelline ColorSensational Shine Gloss in Glorious Grapefruit.
Zara t-shirts are amazing! Even better when they're in the sale! I'm gonna start doing make up deets' now whenever I upload make up selfies :)
Sunday, 3 August 2014
Hi guys! Sorry about the post delay! Ramadhan's over and it was Eid and I've been busy busy! Was thinking of a new post to do and recently I've seen a lot of people wearing nude lipstick so that brought an idea to my mind that I should do a post on my favourite nude lipsticks, both high end and drugstore :) Now, I love nude lipsticks but me and nude lipsticks have this weird relationship. I love them and whenever I see a gorgeous nude lipstick I'll buy it. But when it comes to the point of getting ready, I always disregard my nude lipsticks and always go for the brighter option! Which now when I think about it, it really annoys me because these nudes are absolutely beautiful, I don't even know why I don't wear them that much! When I was putting them on my lips, I was just thinking "Wow, this is so pretty, why aren't you on my lips more often?!"
PS - ignore the growth of my moustache please in some pictures and my poor application of some of them, I had to do it quickly :( Oh and the lack of focus, I forgot to focus on some of the pictures too...*sigh*
Max Factor: Burnt Caramel
This was one of the first nudes I brought when I was on the hunt for the perfect nude. And this is the perfect nude for me! This has more of beige undertones and it doesnt' glide on as smoothly as the Max Factor one but it's still beautiful on the lips and leaves a slight matte finish.
Sleek: Bare It All
Another nude with pink undertones, this also glides on so easily! I love this nude, it's perfect for the summer! I absolutely love Sleek lipsticks, they are so affordable, pigmented and the quality is amazing!
Rimmel Moisture Renew: Nude Delight
I've had this nude lipstick for like, 2 years. I love this nude because even it's not the perfect nude for my skin as it's a tad lighter, it's still a gorgeous colour that is nice to wear on the "pale lips" days. But sadly, I haven't used this for ages and out of nowhere, people are now raving about this so I thought I'd bring it out and wear it a bit more often now because it looks pretty on it's own or if you want to use it to tone down a dark lipstick :) I've heard the formula/texture has changed for this so I need to check that out!
Collection Cream Puff: Powder Puff
I have never loved a lip product so much. This has got to be one of my holy grail products by far. I never would have discovered this if I wasn't looking for the MUA lip lacquers in my local Superdrug stores and because they ran out of stock for them, the woman recommended this product as an alternative. So I brought this nude one just for the sake of buying it as it was so cheap as well but when I went home and tried it on my lips, I wasn't really feeling it. It isn't opaque as how I'd want it to be but then I tried this over one my Rimmel 'Pink Blush' lipstick and it was the perfect combination ever. Ever since then, if I want to 'nude down' a lipstick, this is what I use and the creamy, velvety texture leaves a smooth matte finish. Another recommended product! And it smells quite sweety as well...
Rimmel Kate Moss Collection: 08
You know when you're just wandering around and you want to buy something for the sake of buying it. Well this was one of those things, I looked at this and thought "Oh, this is pretty" and just brought it, not thinking how much I'd actually love this on my lips. If that makes sense? Another beautiful, pink undertoned nude, definitely compliments my skintone! As you can see, nudes with pink undertones are my favourite haha!
Wet 'n' Wild: Bare It All
The most perfect nude for warm skintones. It is so beautiful, it's creamy, the nude is almost perfect and has a gorgeous sheen to it but it can sometimes also look matte but that depends on how you apply it. I fell in love with this when I first put it on. I am definitely going to make this one of my everyday nudes! Also a great dupe for MAC's 'Velvet Teddy'.
And the last of my favourites and this is one of my 'top favourites' is Topshop's 'Beatnik'. I'd heard a lot about Topshop's make up range and decided to give them a go and I gotta be honest, quality of their lipsticks is great! This lipstick is so creamy and pigmented, I love it! You don't even need to wear lipbalm underneath as it already leaves your lips soft and moisturised. It sort of looks similar to Mac's 'Faux'. I will definitely be trying their lipsticks out more and with the price at £8, you can't go wrong!
With and without flash.
MAC - Cherish, Max Factor - Burnt Caramel, Sleek - Barely There, MAC - Faux, Rimmel Moisture Renew - Nude Delight, Collection Cream Puff - Powder Puff, Rimmel Kate Moss Collection - 08, Wet 'n' Wild - Bare It All, Topshop Lips - Beatnik